There are not too many advantages to the economy and the health of our nation when it is led by a socialistic and narcissistic moron who does not know how to lead. However, there are a few advantages when the people finally realize they are being led by an incompetent and irresponsible idiot. The biggest advantage is the change in the political landscape not only nationally, but at the state level. Here are some comparisons:
The 111th Congress had the following ideology makeup at the start of the Obama Presidency:
· U.S. House: 256 Democrats and 178 Republicans
· U.S. Senate: 58 Democrats, 40 Republicans, and 2 Independents who caucus with the Democrats
At the state level in 2009 the ideology makeup looked as follows:
· The Democrats controlled 27 state chambers, Republicans controlled 14 state chambers, and 8 states had split control between Democrats and Republicans.
· The Democrats controlled 26 Governorships to 24 for the Republicans
The newly elected 114th Congress has the following ideology makeup:
· U.S. House: Republicans hold 248 seats to 186 for Democrats (states are still counting votes)
· U.S. Senate: If Louisiana runoff goes as expected, Republicans will have a 54 to 44 lead and two independents will caucus with the Democrats.
The 2015 state level political party strength now looks as follows:
· Republicans control 29 state chambers, Democrats control 12, and 8 states have split control between the Republicans and Democrats (conservative estimate – states are still counting votes).
· Governorships: 30 Republicans, 19 Democrats, and 1 Independent
Here is how many seats/chambers the Republicans have gained due to Obama’s incompetence:
· U.S. House: Republicans gained 70 seats (highest level since the 1920’s)
· U.S. Senate: Republicans gained 14 seats and unseated more sitting Democrats than they have in the past 25 years
· State Chambers: Republicans gained complete control of 15 state legislators
· Governorships: Republicans gained 4 seats including in states like Maryland where they have not held the governorship for decades.
Yes, Obama’s incompetence is the gift that keeps on giving.